2. Although you can't always judge a book by it's cover, it's best to have a clear face shot.
3. Zany profile pictures - NEVER.
4. Don't Photoshop an image to within an inch of it's life. Leave the airbrushing to the trashy magazines.
5. Pictures of you on holiday are good and show an adventurous side, but make sure you are still the main focal point. An image of you on the top of a mountain, taken from the bottom of the mountain, is probably not a good idea.
6. Pulling funny faces is never a winner (See point 3).
7. Leave collages alone, we might think you suffer from multiple personality disorder.
8. Photos of you as a child may not really attract the sort of man you want to date. While I'm on this, keep the photo recent, let's say no older than 6mths old. No one likes to be misled.